IS YOUR BUSINESS READY
FOR ITS CLOSE UP?
11 YES OR NO QUESTIONS TO FIND OUT IF YOUR BUSINESS IS READY FOR ITS CLOSEUP.
1. Do you have a website that you're proud of? Or are you actively grinding away on making your website something you're proud of?
2. Are you confident in yourself as a business owner or at least good at faking it?
3. Do you have absolute confidence in the products or services you offer, aside from the occasional freak outs and worry fests?
4. Have you thought about your business and the vision for you business for at least 100 hours (approximately)? No, not the Malcolm Gladwell 10,000. But a MINIMUM of 100. Less than that and it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to communicate with enough clarity for a video to be compelling. Tough love. I know.
5. Do you have your primary and secondary markets seared into your brain?
6. Do you have a marketing strategy and a communication strategy, or are you at least in the process of coming up with one?
7. Do you have a business e-mail address? (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8. Do you have proper business head shots of the people involved in your company, not some grainy shot your second cousin took of you at the last family picnic. Before spending on video, spend on PHOTOS. Please, I beg of thee!
9. Do you have a logo design, or are you currently in talks with designers? Unless you're one of those logoless mavericks, this must come first. Your branding needs to be complete before a video can be made.
10. Can you describe what your business stands for in 3 words without breaking a sweat?
11. And lastly, as a kind of summary question, do you have a business model that makes sense and can be clearly explained to others?
If you answered yes to at least 8 out the 11 questions, then you're probably kicking up dust as you gallop your way along new and formidable trails.
Time to start talking and planning. Get in touch ASAP so we can carve out some time and make this happen!